Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

Thanks Tom. My studio partner had one of those three-mic-input Naks, and I loved using it as long as I didn't have to lug it around! Heavy as a Nagra... and more quirky, as you say.

As for the junky part, it is interesting to watch SpectraFoo as I transfer - slightly rising hiss to 16k and then a sharp cutoff, nothing above. He is wisely choosing no noise reduction or processing at all, and I am (equally wisely) capturing them in 24 bit... By the way, Foo shows no azimuth problem I can see, the mono tapes among them are a straight line...

Interestingly, the Dolby seems to track perfectly. MOST cassettes I get in sound better with Dolby off and a bit of NR os one flavor or another...

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689