Re: [ARSCLIST] Podcasting--explained a bit...

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx>
> Jeez Louise, I remember running an
> entire wholesale hardware company (Tacoma Screw Products)
> in the early 80s on a machine with 1.2 gigabytes of disk
> space and four megabytes of memory.  That's what about
> $70,000 bought back then.

I recently re-found my Fortran V Programming textbook from
c. 1973...and I quote:

"The IBM 360 may come with as much as a full megabyte of memory
installed; however, usual configurations range from 64 to 256
megabytes of resident memory"...

In fact, I didn't know they HAD gigabytes of HD space in the "Early
80's...!"

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/