Re: [ARSCLIST] .BWF implementation

At 10:46 AM -0400 8/12/06, Steven Smolian wrote:
What we really need is a template that includes the minimal information and than can be added to a program, perhaps through the normal outboard loading system, Direct X and the like, which would give manufacturers some idea of this minimal size.

not sure, but i'd say plugin protocols don't allow direct access to file-writing functions. when a plugin developer kit is constructed by a workstation company, they are limited very carefully to what they can do, i.e., what the plugin-writers will be allowed to do. most of the time they are limited to a "service window" where they get data, do their math, and hand it back. the app has to do file accessing.

Sony: stands for Soon Only Not Yet. according to people inside who'd be booted if they said it out loud.

sony will get there, if there's a market for sound forge into the EBU market.

-- w/best regards, seva mastering engineer http://www.soundcurrent.com