To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] .BWF implementation

Kevin wrote:
The fact that "it is the ONLY international standard audio file format" is
meaningless if manufacturers don't support it.

True however in this case, and unlike most manufacturer trade group standards, they have a compelling financial incentive. Most of the biggest players do support it because they want EBU member purchase orders. Even Sony asks "how high" when it comes to the EBU.
--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com