Re: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

What we have here is the unhappy vortex of a collector (Bob) vs. an accumulator (Steven). Kinda like you don't buy the small sized mayo for the military base cafeteria!

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "steven c" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] LP RECORD STORAGE

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
They cost $56.95 each at this point and are each supposed to hold 100 LPs.
I actually squeeze more than that into mine, around 2200 LPs in 18 units.
Most are over 20 years old, have survived 5 moves while loaded with LPs and
still look like furniture. Everything else I tried fell apart after a few
years or  a couple moves.

Which means you're paying $0.5695 (or almost 57 cents) per record for
storage
for them! Lemme see...I have somewhere over 40,000 78's, so I'd pay
something
over $22,780.00...