Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury/Eastman/American Music

Tom Fine wrote:
Guys, check Amazon, Tower Records and Universal's own websites carefully.
Some of this Eastman
material was definitely released. I'm too busy to check the whole series,
but most material that
Hanson and Fennell recorded in stereo up to 1964 was released.

Another place to check is www.allmusic.com ! Since I work here, I did check
the titles mentioned.

As it turns out, I was wrong about "The Black Maskers," it was issued along
with McPhee's "Tabuh Tabuhan" on Mercury 434310. The Morton Gould pieces
appeared on 432016, and Hanson's Concerto on 434370, but in a version with
pianist Alfred Mouledouos (who?) rather than Firkusny.

As far as I know the rest of the things Karl and I mentioned didn't appear.
About all things Louisville you might want to ask Matt Walters of Frist
Edition Music

First Edition Music
www.firsteditionmusic.com
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
115  Mateo Circle North
Santa Fe, NM 87505
505-984-0003

who is reissuing all of the Louisville Orchestra stuff.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide

My life is the clearest proof that if you have talent, determination and
luck, you will make it in the end: Never Give Up. - Sir Georg Solti