Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury co-founder Irving Green passes

Don Cox wrote:
>It seems to me it is time some of the classic recordings (in all genres)
>were recognised as cultural treasures, so that reissues like these could
>be subsidised by UNESCO, the big Foundations, or Governments in various
>countries, just as art galleries and opera houses are subsidised.

Now that label consolidation has settled down, I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of these classic recordings becoming available again either as high resolution downloads and/or as very high-end, lavishly packaged "coffee table" releases over the next few years.

The ordinary CD is too expensive to inventory and at the same time has too little perceived value to be profitable for niche releases.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com