Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury co-founder Irving Green passes

Tom Fine wrote:
>There's an interesting day coming, a transition moment. That will be the year
>where more portable
>digital playback systems are sold than CD players.

Hopefully CD players have finally caught up with the market saturation of vinyl! Many of music's fans were left behind when "big retail" decided they no longer wanted to stock vinyl and then refused to discount CDs.

It's interesting that the audiophile community now think files "ripped" from their CDs sound better than using a CD "transport." I suspect there's a significant market for higher than CD quality files out there.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com