Re: [ARSCLIST] Using CD/DVD Printers

My anecdotal experience with the Primera Z1 which is similar to the Casio is this:

(1) They suggest printing prior to burning. As I understand this logic, whatever QC the drive is doing during burning will pick up bad damage caused by the printer.

(2) I have had no problems with MAM-A gold discs attributable to the Primera printer.

(3) It should not be an issue with DVDs as the reflective layer is isolated by a half-thickness plastic disc from the printing surface, but it causes a weird "drop shadow" effect on the printing (which I live with).

(4) I have not done a Media Sciences class test so get your salt shakers handy.

Cheers,

Richard