Re: [ARSCLIST] Using CD/DVD Printers

Although I have not tested printers extensively, all printers seem to
adversely affect discs to one extent or another. I cannot generalize,
because results vary widely between printers and media.

Dye types and thermo/mechanical isolation provided by the printable surface
appear to be significant media variables. Temperature and time are of course
important for thermal printers. Ink jet velocity (force) may be important,
and high resolution print heads may generate greater force per unit area.

If the issue is important, we could always test a recorded disc for you
before and again after printing.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.