Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

It's just another of Sony's FUBAR marketing programs. I prefer SACD to DVDA, but Sony screwed up the launch and licensing, aborting it before it could get going. Anyone have any faith in Blu-ray? I've got some fine land in Florida for sale if you do.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

right, a niche market. Small labels, especially those with access to lower-cost European orchestras, can thrive in the niche. But, the niche is small and getting smaller, so don't count on a wide variety of new hardware. From what I see, all the majors except Sony/BMG have given up on it. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying it is.

-- Tom Fine