Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

Robert Hodge wrote:
>I wonder if the record companies aren't trying to emulate what the
>broadcast industry has given the public  for years ?

Artists and their managers are who decide how compressed a CD is going to be. Unfortunately the average level of reissues is being dragged up by the excesses of new titles.

The reason for "hot" levels is the impact it has in programming and sales meetings along with the focus groups that determine what new music gets on the air. ("Payola" only gets a recording considered for airplay.)

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com