Re: [ARSCLIST] John French (was RE: Ampex 456 - tip of the iceberg...chemistry)

The bulk of what I have had John do has been 2" heads of various
types... Always with good results.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rod Stephens
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:33 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] John French (was RE: Ampex 456 - tip of the
iceberg...chemistry)

Hello,

Not that John French needs any more kudos, but my four track playback
head on my 1/4" Teac 2340R shows no sign of wear after having purchased
it at least five years ago; it's a better head than the original Teac
that came with the deck.  So, thanks to Mr. French, reel to reel
analogue continues on and on and on .........  Mine was a very small
order, but John took the time to email me a few times about what he
could do and did.

Oh, and I think that John has done some special orders for my brother's
multitracks, too.

Rod Stephens