Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

In a message dated 6/20/2006 11:20:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rjhodge@xxxxxxx writes:

About  Compression,

Does any one of this generation really know how  uncompressed audio is
supposed to sound ?
Years ago (!) I recorded high school concerts, orchestras, choirs, etc. as
an avocation (LPs for sale).  I still have those tapes.  In spite of  being of
amateurs, they sound great!  Plenty of HS gym ambience, too!   BUT NO
COMPRESSION!  Of course, I had to ride gain sometimes, but very  conservatively.  Yes,
I know how uncompressed audio is supposed to  sound.

Don Chichester