Re: [ARSCLIST] Repairing (or purchasing) a Uher

see end...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> At 12:24 AM 6/18/2006, steven c wrote:

Well, we will see the "next big challenge" in not too many years! Our
automobiles are now extensively "computerized"...usually using proprietary
chips and microcircuitry...and at some point auto owners will get their
machines towed into repair shops, only to be told "Well, the problem is
in this little black box here...except you can no longer get a replacement
for that, it's out of production. What you now have is a two-ton, fifteen-
foot-long paperweight!"

In fact (and I think this may be happening nowadays?) "hot-rodders"
will be able to reprogram their machine's digitalia and override
factory settings...same as, in my day, they used to install special
cams and such...