Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio restoration software for Pro Tools

Hello, Diederick,

For cleaning up access copies, perhaps you should consider Magix Audio Cleaning Lab. It has consumer-versions of the Algorithmix suite in it and while the interface is a little "too cool" it's about $40 US and does a credible job. One step up from this and rather competent for the price (about $250 US) is the Sound Laundry suite from Algorithmix. While not sold as a plug-in on a regular basis, I think it's available as a DirectX plugin as well as the stand-alone suite. Then, there are the pro versions of the plugins that, at least the noise remover, is outstanding.

The preservation copies shouldn't be cleaned up at all. There has been long discussion here on the benefits of wide bandwidth digitizing, but I would consider using wide bandwidth (88.2 or 96 ks/s) for disc transfers. The out-of-band information provided by the stylus/cartridge in regarding the clicks and pops MAY be useful down the road for superior click/pop deletion.

Cheers,

Richard