Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio restoration software for Pro Tools

Diederick Basson wrote:

> Yes, if we had the money, we would have bought
> all three of them, but a limited budget prevents us from doing that.

As a Sonic Solutions NoNoise user since 1995, the complete package
including real time noise removal I´m partial to what this can do.

However the DeClicker and the DeKrackler cannot be run in realtime so
unless the end user have extensive knowledge in setting the user
parameters, and they´re many as befits a fully professional restoration
software, then there might possibly be a long learning curve.

If I were to have only one choice today then my vote would be the Sound
Laundry software from Algorithmix that works in realtime.

Very good value for money and the dehisser is probably the best to be
found everywhere so far.

http://www.algorithmix.com/home/index_products.htm

Sound Laundry? is a set of high-end, easy-to-use software modules
intended for cleaning and mastering noisy, scratchy recordings,
especially old vinyl and 78's records, as well as types or cassettes. It
is also an ideal toolset for forensic applications.

By using state-of-the-art algorithms based on the newest achievements in
the field of psychoacoustics and digital signal processing, you can
clean and enhance your noisy recordings, restoring them to CD suitable
quality --even if you may have already tried other products that reached
their limits. It's not enough to remove signal disturbances, but to do
it without affecting the original sound is a real challenge.

The real-time performance allows easy parameter adjustment during
playback, providing optimal sonic results in a very short time.

Sound Laundry? is an ideal enhancement for any audio CD recording
software. Any kind of contaminated or damaged audio material, from your
favorite old 78rpm shellac records to valuable cassette recordings or
video soundtracks --even bad quality radio cuts-- can be refreshed with
the Sound Laundry? processing modules.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther