Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
> Ditto! I had a 78 album of Disney's Zorro (can still sing some of them)
> and of TOPS pop music - including Carl Perkins singing Blue Suede Shoes
> - and Jimmy Stewart telling two Winnie the Pooh stories (pre-Disney)
> from which I got this quote:
>
> "Pooh, You're a real friend. Not like some!" ---Eeyore
>
> Bucky Fuller liked to say that what exists when you are born is what is
> natural - this from  a man born before radio, airplanes, cars and
> telephones. The would was pretty magical to him! And think about this -
> he did not get his first glasses until after age 5 - so even the sight
> of eyes was new and wonderful! He was quite a man for hsi times...

Well, I literally grew up with 78's...my dad had a couple hundred
(which I eventually inherited), and my grandmother in Waynesville
had 30 or 40. As well, I grew up with radio...the family used to
listen to shows like "Amos & Andy," "The Great Gildersleeve,"
"Fibber McGee and Molly" and so on. I had no contact with TV
(other than being able to watch "Howdy Doody" and "Captain
Video" at a downstairs neighbour's house) until the end of
1954...when I was already 12!

In fact, when I was pre-first-grade, I was allowed to play my
dad's 78's...early favourites were the Boswells (he had the
Deca-Brunswick reissue set), Mills Brothers' "Good-Bye Blues"
(he had the original) and Hampton's "Ridin' On the L&N" (or
any "boogie woogie!" That's probably why I have ten tons of
shellac 78's, and watch TV maybe once a month at best.

OTOH, I DIDN'T grow up with computers (closest I came was
running 80-column "IBM cards" through a sorter in 1961 as
part of my insurance-industry job...$45/week...) but I'm
very much "into" things digital!

Go figure (in hexadecimal?)...