Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

I was mesmerized the first time I watched a 78. I didn't pay any attention to the music. I was stunned to see the arm move across so quickly and how an off center pressing looked so "wild assed" to me. I didn't know how it stayed in the groove (the idea of tracking at ounces was a surprise). Later I was stunned by how good they can sound when you weren't using the wrong stylus and playback EQ.
Phillip
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx>
If you want to see a *really* fast-cut 45, take a look
at "Music to Watch Girls By" by Al Hirt on RCA Victor.
The song is only 1:25, but the groove runs almost all
the way to the minimum allowed radius.  There's a *lot*
of space between each groove wall.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx