Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

--- Lou Judson <loujudson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Curiosity quibble - isn't the groove on a 45 midway between
> microgroove
> and 78 size? Is there a specific name for it, or is it really
> considered microgroove like Lps? I see a distinct difference,
> visually... or is that just the larger excursion?

In their original paper on the format, RCA specified "...a
1-mil radius as the minimum for the reproducer stylus and a
90-degree, 0.25-mil bottom radius groove" with a tracking
force of not more than 5 grams.  A PDF of the paper is here:

http://tildebang.com/jukebox/rec_and_changer_comp_design_45.pdf

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx