Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

On Jun 16, 2006, at 7:25 AM, Michael Shoshani wrote:

Oh. My. Gosh.  History should not be written by ignorant corporate PR
hacks! :)

Absolutely! Gross bending of facts rampant, then as today... but history IS being written, and even made these days, by corporate hacks (rather than elected officals, anymore)

edit

Of course, when that trade advertisement came out in 1949, few in RCA's
marketing department probably knew or cared about the history of their
industry - they were out to pave it over with their miraculous new 45 RPM
Microgroove record.

Curiosity quibble - isn't the groove on a 45 midway between microgroove and 78 size? Is there a specific name for it, or is it really considered microgroove like Lps? I see a distinct difference, visually... or is that just the larger excursion?

<L>