Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Preservation Board (NRPB) Study

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Tom Fine wrote:

> Kiddie records and novelty things are another matter, but I question the historical value of most of
> that stuff.

Some of the kiddie records are quite fascinating. A friend of mine
recently finished (about to be published) a book on the story of the Young
Peoples Records. Some of them featured the likes of musicians Henry Brant,
Alex North, Walter Hendl, Douglas Moore, et al. They were highly creative
and featured imaginative writing. I have been working with the author of
the book who is in contact with the family of the founder, in an attempt
to reissue some of them.

The man who set up the label eventually ended up working with someone with
mail order experience...to make a long story short, which brought me to
the discs issued by the American Recording Society...something else I
would like to issue.

There were some amazing things done on kiddie records, things like
"Sparky's Magic Piano" "Alice in Orchestralia," etc.

Karl