Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Preservation Board (NRPB) Study

At 09:36 AM 5/16/2006, Karl Miller wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2006, Tom Fine wrote:

> Kiddie records and novelty things are another matter, but I question the historical value of most of
> that stuff.

Some of the kiddie records are quite fascinating.

As a young'un my folks got me a phonograph. I don't know what happened to it after I got a MagnaVox, but I suspect it was trashed.

Anyway, one of the first records that came with it was "We're Building A City" which I think I wore out (no record of where that record went, either). Later my mother told me that she thought something was wrong with me and had actually called the doctor. I would put the record on and play it over and over while rocking back and forth in front of it.

And look what happened to me <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard