Re: [ARSCLIST] New U.S. Copyright Laws

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

> My question,is how will this effect internet radio,and uploading music to the web?
>
> "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  It gets worse. Perhaps we'll all just sit around and make our own
> music and ignore all major labels.
>
> I don't think this was mentioned previously on this list.
>
> http://news.com.com/Congress+readies+broad+new+digital+copyright+bill/2100-1028_3-6064016.html

While I certainly don't have any specific information on this, I have sent
a note to my local chapter of NARAS for some information.

The more I read, the more confusing it all seems to me. I wonder, what
would it take to adequately monitor the internet for all such
"transgression?" I think about how we can't even afford enough police to
patrol our neighborhood. I wonder if the recording industry should pay for the
internet police...oops, I guess with my own small label, that could mean
me...I wonder if that will mean a tax...probably not, I guess the cost
will just be dumped on the general population like always...

Karl