Re: [ARSCLIST] Locating audio recordings of Marie and/or Pierre Curie

Check the French sound archives.

Steven Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Locating audio recordings of Marie and/or Pierre Curie

I may be mistaken,but I do not think there are any records out there of Pierre.I do seem to recall,years ago,one of those 'Great Voices of the Past'Lps,that included Marie.

Mark Matienzo <mmatienz@xxxxxxx> wrote: A researcher has contacted us requesting assistance in locating
audiovisual recordings of Marie and Pierre Curie relating to their
discoveries. I've searched RLIN and OCLC, and the only recording I've
found is a collection of speeches from a jubilee for Thomas Edison,
which is outside the scope of what the researcher wants. The Institut
Curie has audiovisual holdings, but they seem to be primarily either
interviews with the Curies' collaborators or television or radio
programs.

M. A. Matienzo | mmatienz@xxxxxxx | 301.209-3180 | fax 301.209-0882 Assistant Archivist, Niels Bohr Library/Center for History of Physics American Institute of Physics, 1 Physics Ellipse, College Park MD 20740

Disclaimer: Opinions in this message are mine alone and do not
represent those of the American Institute of Physics or any of its
member societies.