[ARSCLIST] Cold/Dry Storage Module

We are looking for an off-the-shelf module for storing audio and
videotapes. We don't have much room in our present space, and are
starting the long process to get a new building in which we could design
a separate room for tape storage, but the soonest we could move into a
new space would be 6-7 years.  So in the meantime, we would like to
create a microclimate (or two) within our existing crowded facility
which could house magnetic tapes.

We have both acetate tapes, which do better at colder temperatures (4C,
30-35%RH), and polyester tapes, which might be better at slightly higher
temperatures (12C, 30-35% RH). We could also find a value in between
which might be a good compromise, although most of the material is on
polyester. We would require a total of about 150 cubic feet.

Any suggestions?

Sue Bigelow
Conservator
City of Vancouver Archives