Re: [ARSCLIST] Rock and roll drumming

It is confusing for sure. But strangely enough David Amram who is perhaps a bit more technically sophisticated than Bob Z. seems to have had a similar revelation.
He was jamming with some jazz musicians as the post-bop period was under way. He was not a sophisticated pianist and a guy who's name eludes me suggested that a way to voice more sophisticated chords without having a great deal of technique was to play a given chord (G7) and then double the third and the seventh
degree of the chord again in the other hand. Neat trick, but I have no idea what this has to do with the triplet issue...just a thought.

AA