Re: [ARSCLIST] David Amram, was Rock and roll drumming

Aaron Levinson wrote:

 It is confusing for sure. But strangely enough David Amram who is
 perhaps a bit more technically sophisticated than Bob Z. seems to
 have had a similar revelation.

There's a name I haven't seen for a while! We used to get together any time I was in New York or he was in Toronto. The world's greatest interview..put a mike in front of him and ask him how he is, and then come back in a half hour to change the tape. He moved out of New York, his agent died, his Toronto rep got out of the business and I lost contact with him.

dl

He was jamming with some jazz musicians as the post-bop period was under way. He was not a sophisticated pianist and a guy who's name eludes me suggested that a way to voice more sophisticated chords without having a great deal of technique was to play a given chord (G7) and then double the third and the seventh degree of the chord again in the other hand. Neat trick, but I have no idea what this has to do with the triplet issue...just a thought.

AA