Re: [ARSCLIST] Webster wire recorder pinch rollers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry McBride" <jerry.mcbride@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> We have a Webster 80 wire recorder that is in good shape, but needs some
> light refurbishing. The two rubber pinch rollers right by the record and
> playback heads need to be replaced because they are too hard and dried
out.
> Does anyone know where these can be acquired?
>
> Also it is missing the microphone and the line out, both of which have
> special plugs. We'll probably improvise the line-out plug, but if anyone
> knows a source for that, it would be helpful. Thanks.

These "special plugs" may simply be the old style of microphone
connectors. They look like (and may be a sub-species of) coaxial-
cable connectors...the two units screw together, with a raised
connection in the center for the center conductor of the shielded
cable and the shield attached to the outside (threaded) part of
the connectors.

That said, I'm not sure where these can be purchased...you might
need to find somebody who is interested in vintage electronics.
Years ago, I found an adaptor which converted the cable connector
to a phone plug...in a long-existent "electronic surplus" store
that has now moved...