Re: [ARSCLIST] Further thoughts on the new CLIR report. DVDs

Richard L. Hess wrote:

I offer four delivery methods at the moment:
      MP3 or WAV downloads
      Red Book Audio CD-Rs
      Files on DVD-R (I have the gold on order)
      Files on FW/USB drive

Check copies are either download or Red Book CD-Rs.

Cheers,

Richard

You may want to offer download using lossless compression; my preference is for APE ( http://www.monkeysaudio.com/ ) but there are others which are cross-platform. I have verified that a compression/decompression cycle restores the original WAV at the bit level. File size is reduced typically by a factor of two (depending on frequency range of the source, noise level and related factors) and a plugin allows WinAmp to play APE as it does WAV, MP3 and other formats.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/