To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Further thoughts on the new CLIR report. DVDs

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Steven Smolian wrote:

It follows that archivally-intended projects for which the final storage
medium is the DVD should also be preserved at 44.1/16 on gold CDs until there
is a gold DVD on the market.

I believe MAM makes an "archival" Gold DVD-R which sells for about $90 for
fifty.

However, I still support the notion of the 44.1/16 gold 650MB disc backup
because of the availability and standardization of the playback modality.

Karl

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.1/291 - Release Date: 3/24/2006