Re: [ARSCLIST] Further thoughts on the new CLIR report. DVDs

Please be careful. The NIST report was based on only a few samples, and the
conclusion appeared to reflect bias instead of test results. As I recall,
silver metallized cyanine CD-R discs from one manufacturer performed best.

Also note that the writer and recording speed can be just as important, or
even moreso, than the media itself. All media degrades with time and
handling. Discs with high initial quality withstand more degradation, while
discs that are marginal after recording are "worn out" from the beginning.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.