From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karl Miller
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 9:55 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Further thoughts on the new CLIR report. DVDs

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Steven Smolian wrote:

> It follows that archivally-intended projects for which the final
storage
medium is the DVD should also be preserved at 44.1/16 on gold CDs until
there
is a gold DVD on the market.

I believe MAM makes an "archival" Gold DVD-R which sells for about $90
for
fifty.

However, I still support the notion of the 44.1/16 gold 650MB disc
backup
because of the availability and standardization of the playback
modality.

Karl