Re: [ARSCLIST] And on the plus side ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Wow, the tape fairies are in the air! I had the same experience with an
early 60's reel of AudioTape
> mylar-backed on Friday evening. It was like being in the room with the
people, all of whom are long
> dead (even though that would not be possible in my case since the tape was
recorded before I was
> born). This tape had been stored under non-air-conditioned Northeast
conditions until very recently.
> It wasn't even badly warped. I was amazed. Didn't want to push my luck
that it would ever play so
> well again, so I made a nice high-rez transfer.
>
> -- Tom Fine

Well, I have six Philips cassettes which I recorded in 1968...back when
only Philips made cassettes. They were recorded on a small battery-operates
portable (the ones with the small door on top to allow tape insertion)
which was about the only way you could record cassettes at the time.
In spite of the passage of 38 years, they still play back as well as
they ever did...

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/