To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Quarter-inch splicing tabs

I have
had a couple of opportunities to be a "recording artist" (popular
music, not classical) and I have found that as soon as musicians
find out the opportunity for "changes via edit" exists, they
immediately discover a near-infinite number of "flaws" in their
solos which need to be corrected!

So true. So goes also with artists who want to change the volume of one track in the mix by half of one dB, or move one note in a solo by miliseconds.

Perhaps my favourite quote from an ARSC Conference came in Philadelphia from Joe Tarsio, pivotal engineer for the "philly sound" of the 1970s: "Remember, automation was supposed to *save* us time!"

Marcos