Re: [ARSCLIST] Disc extractions

Ganesh.Irelan@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear Mike Richter,

Thanks for the reply. I knew you would offer your wisdom. Yes, I neglected to include that the extraction is from CD-R/DA. Unfortunately, the best source in the present situation; analog source no longer being available. I am confident in the quality of the transfer to CD done 7 years ago. So, if it is a bit-for-bit extraction with Exact Audio Copy the .wav should be equal to what is on the disc. Both numerically and sonically, right?

That is essentially correct. What is on the disc is not quite what is in a WAV file. The bits are in a different order and since the CD-DA has no files, the headers are missing. But in the sense you mean, the WAV file will be identical with the content of the CD-DA track.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/