[ARSCLIST] Music Library System

Well, when I Google "Music Library System" I get the Indiana University system as the first hit. That's not what I'm talking about (sorry Mike!).

This is an old system that someone wrote me about.

It used either 2 inch tape or 3 inch tape I can't recall which, and had 7 monaural programs of 9 tracks each, color coded in a dial-wheel with places to list what kind of music was on that set of nine track, making a total of 63 tracks...Her unit was mono and a play-and-rewind affair...play one program, rewind and play the next.

There was also a bi-directional MLS with capabilities for stereo

I vaguely remember it from the 60s...I think.

Anyone know anything about this?

Oh, my correspondent said the head looked like the one on a Magnabelt machine.

Thanks!

Richard

Tape Restoration Seminar: MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.