Re: [ARSCLIST] Quarter-inch splicing tabs

And Tom gets A+. Joel Tall did the editing on "I Can Hear it Now", but his credit may have appeared
only on the 78 version. I know I saw it somewhere.

I still flinch every time I hear a bad edit on a disc from an early tape master, and there were lots of
them. Tony Bennett's "Sing You Sinners" (first recording, 1950) has a real stinker about 15 seconds in.
Pee Wee Hunt's "Wabash Blues" has one that I swear drops a beat (although that's a blessing..anything
that shortens any of their Capitols is a step in the right direction). Then there's Leroy Anderson's
"Fiddle Faddle" on the Decca 78 and 45, with a splice so bad it catches in the gate and wows the music
at that point. Then there are all those Columbia edits where the music drops a half tone....aaaargh!

dl