Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette obsolescence - digitizing standards

At 09:17 PM 2/21/2006, you wrote:
Now, just so I understand...
Do 1412 and 1426 represent a value which expresses the value of the height of that particular "step" when an analog sound file is converted to digital sound? So that there are 44,100 of those values in a second of a digital sound waveform...which more or less approximate the analog version of the waveform?

There are 44,100 of those values, of which any one of them could be anywhere from 0 to 65,535. And while I get the dig that you're implying about the inaccuracy of the digitization process, to say that because it's not entirely accurate justifies leaving in other large errors is an awfully big jump that I certainly wouldn't be willing to make.