Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette obsolescence - digitizing standards

OK...so am I understanding correctly that you are transferring through your converter into your computer at 16bit, but then importing it into ProTools for 24bit?

If this is the case, you're not "enhancing" the sound quality, but just using some kind of algorithm(s) in order to get a more complex file - information that was added, by the way, and has nothing to do with the original.

Alyssa.
:)

"If someone, holding fast to the name of Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's Sounds should enter a great fire, the fire could not burn him...If one were washed away by a great flood and call upon his name, one would immediately find himself in a shallow place." (The Lotus Sutra)