Re: [ARSCLIST] 1/4" audio tape digitizing

At 11:20 AM 2/13/2006, Language Laboratories and Archives (Barbara Need) wrote:
I agree with Marie. Many spoken word recordings have the potential for phonetic analysis--whether that was the original intention for the recording or not. Get the best digital signal you can (though, frankly, in my experience, more than 24-bit, 48 kHz is a waste of space), which means doing it in real time.