Re: [ARSCLIST] 1/4" audio tape digitizing

In a message dated 2/13/2006 11:47:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
One of these years I'm going to have to deal with thousands of tapes my dad
recorded off radio and TV between 1959 and 1996..much of it dross, but a lot
of
it containing audio from programs that probably aren't archived anywhere
(variety, talk, interviews, panel shows) and I can assure you that he recorded
at the slowest speed possible on whatever machine he was using. Much of it was
on a Philips at 15/16 ips. Aaaaargh.

dl

I have a similar situation with tapes from 1952 to 1958. Most were at 1-7/8,
I think, but earlier 1/2 track ones were reused on tracks 3 & 2 when 4-track
came along.

However I need a motivation. What do you do with this stuff? It can't be
distributed and I don't know anyone who wants to listen to it.

Mike Csontos