Re: [ARSCLIST] De-static question

Well, I agree with you. I just depends on each individual record doesn't it? I think it'd be cool, with the right budget, to have many options. I still like the mono cartridge best, but know that with 78s that many inside grooves are trashed to the point that the wall has been wiped of the music. The outside groove is selected when using a modern setup with a stereo cartridge. I don't have many 78s, so it hasn't been a big problem for me. How do you have your receiver set (I don't have a home theatre setup and don't use surround at all)? I don't have one, but they're super cheap now. Maybe I should invest in one of those too.
Phillip
The DL102 is described here:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/murraya/DenonMonoPage.htm

There are many times you'll want to choose either side of the groove, which you
can't do with a mono cartridge. I use a receiver with a Dolby Pro Logic unit and
use its center channel output for the same effect..removes a lot of vertical
noise. Ian G. Masters wrote about this in his audio column in the Toronto Star
about 12 years ago as a means to get clean sound out of beat-up 45s..I
immediately got a JVC unit and found it did exactly what he said it would do and
was great for removing a lot of the rumble from laminated Columbia 78s.

dl