Re: [ARSCLIST] 1/4" audio tape digitizing

I am working with two libraries to digitize their audio content.  The  audio
is now in quarter inch tape format for the most part.

I understand that, for spoken word recordings where absolute top quality is
not a requirement but digitization is, that there are 1/4" machines that play
at  higher than normal speed, making the process of transferring a great many
tapes  more cost-effective and less time-consuming.  Could anyone recommend
what  these machines might be and how much time they save.

I would also love help and a recommendation regarding the best  organizations
to work with if I have to outsource much of this work.

Thank you,
David Hoffman
_www.thehoffmancollection.com_ (http://www.thehoffmancollection.com)