From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Allinaday@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:22 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 1/4" audio tape digitizing

I am working with two libraries to digitize their audio content.  The  audio

is now in quarter inch tape format for the most part.

I understand that, for spoken word recordings where absolute top quality is

not a requirement but digitization is, that there are 1/4" machines that
play
at  higher than normal speed, making the process of transferring a great
many
tapes  more cost-effective and less time-consuming.  Could anyone recommend
what  these machines might be and how much time they save.

I would also love help and a recommendation regarding the best
organizations
to work with if I have to outsource much of this work.

Thank you,
David Hoffman
_www.thehoffmancollection.com_ (http://www.thehoffmancollection.com)