Re: [ARSCLIST] DAT libraries and issues

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Alyssa Ryvers wrote:

> When I used to work in broadcasting, often, it is true, one machine
> would play back the tape where another one wouldn't.

Several years ago, when I still had a regular shift at our classical
station, I broadcast the program "From the Top." We did not have the
ability to record the program, so the local NPR station did it for us and
gave us the program on a DAT. One never knew which machine they used to
record so it was a bit like Russian Roulette to second guess which of our
3 machines would play the tape. I can remember all too often having to run
down the hall to our recording studio, and patch in the DAT machine there
so we could play the tape.

For me, it was a great technology...when it worked.

Karl