Re: [ARSCLIST] Camera and camera stand to capture LP covers?

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Dave Bradley wrote:

> >A scanner with a 12" wide and 12" high plate is rare and expensive, true.
>
> And why is that?  Why can't someone make a consumer scanner with a
> 12" x 12" plate?  I've never figured that one out.

I asked Epson that question. The technical person I spoke with said it has
to do with "economies of scale," consumer demand and the problems with
optics, making the scan sharp at the edges. While I don't know of the
truth of this, it was what I was told.

Karl