Re: [ARSCLIST] Brunswick Records rights/Universal now broadcasting and copyrights

Karl Miller wrote:

Does anyone know how the laws might differ on internet broadcasting versus
over the air broadcasting?

If a radio station can broadcast a commercially released recording, are
they free to broadcast a restored commerical recording? If so, are they
free to do on demand broadcasting? No don't you can figure where I am
headed with this.

There is information on the role of the Internet in the aforementioned CLIR document 135.

The restored document would potentially have two sets of rights: to the underlying material and to the restoration. (Under what circumstances the restoration starts the clock anew is an interesting but undecided issue as far as I've been able to determine.) The license(s) would specify the form(s) in which the result may be offered: on CD-DA, CD-ROM, broadcast, webcast and variants.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/