Re: [ARSCLIST] Brunswick Records rights/Universal now broadcasting and copyrights

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> If a radio station can broadcast a commercially released recording, are
> they free to broadcast a restored commerical recording? If so, are they
> free to do on demand broadcasting? No don't you can figure where I am
> headed with this.

As I understand it, the main difference is that the record industry is
happy to provide "electromagnetic" radio with free promo copies on the
assumption that hearing the records on the radio will inspire buyers...
but they tend to view net-broadcasting as a source for illegal copying!
I think the net "broadcasters" have to pay substantial royalty charges,
and there was a big furor about that two or three years ago, IIRC...