Re: [ARSCLIST] Brunswick Records rights/Universal

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, steven c wrote:

> The other question, of course, is how you can take something that was
> previously under public domain and make copyright once again applicable?
> Something like putting toothpaste back in the tube...

Well I believe that is what has happened with some published music. From
1993 till the implementation of the Digital Millenium act, all of the
music of Rachmaninoff (d. 1943 + 50 years from date of death = 1993) was
in public domain. Due to some of the specifications of the new law, I
believe that some of his music is once again under copyright... and is
still listed at Harry Fox.

Karl